Thursday, March 09, 2006

Blogging around the world

Global Voices Online is a great blog that aggregates blog posts from countries around the world. "Global Voices seeks to amplify, curate and aggregate the global conversation online - with a focus on countries and communities outside the U.S. and Western Europe. We are committed to developing tools, institutions and relationships that will help all voices everywhere to be heard."

Most interesting about this to me is that this gives people in the United States insight in to the minds of the ordinary people from around the world. This blog does a great job of aggegating blogs from around the world and let them touch us on a grassroots, person to person level.

Here is a sample of a touching, recent post that describes an Iraqi blog:
How do you cope with the sudden death of someone close because of the violence that is gripping Iraq? I guess one way is to blog about it. Sunshine’s close friend, R, lost her father, cousin and uncle in the space of four days. Sunshine was the brave one among her classmates and went to console R:

“But when she said “what I will do with those high marks, my dad is gone , I wish I got low marks & return him back instead….. I pray to god to protect your dad & mom”, at that time I couldn’t control my tears at all , it is hard to do that when you see someone you love is really hurt because of losing someone close …..
That made me think to improve my relationship with my dad , as you know we have bad relationship ,at that night I kissed him ,gave him a hug & wished him a good night, for the first time since a long time , I think he wondered why ???!!!!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home